The Palmolive Building Landmark Located along Chicago’s Magnificent Mile, The Palmolive Building Landmark Residences is one of the most significant adaptive reuses ever undertaken of a landmark building. Originally completed in 1929 as Chicago’s most prestigious office building, and to house the headquarters of the Colgate-Palmolive Company, the Palmolive Building was world renowned for its dynamic stepped design, and is considered to be among the finest examples of Art Deco architecture in the world. It was also famous for its “Lindbergh Beacon” mounted atop a specially designed mast.
Draper and Kramer embarked on a major adaptive reuse in 2001, renovating and expanding the retail space and converting the offices to 100 ultra-luxury condominiums. All building systems were replaced, and parking and loading were added. Prices averaged more than $2 Million, and included several of Chicago’s most valuable condominium residences.